The day after the kid's last day of school we packed up and did the hour and a half drive to Orlando to spend some time in Disney World, Legoland and Sea World. It's no secret that I LOVE Disney World. I have so many amazing memories there as a child and even as an adult. Even though we live so close now I still like to try to make a big deal of it and hope to make is as magical of a trip for my kids as my parents did for me. It was the first time we've been back to Disney since our trip 2 years ago with my whole family, and the first time being there since my Dad passed. Much like Christmas, he loved trips to Disney and he always had the go big or go home mentality with it. As excited as I was to bring the kids there it was another one of those firsts that I had to go through without him being here. We had a lot of fun though, it was a lot hotter than we expected, both Tampa and Orlando warmed up really early this year. Ava and Reagan did really well, Jake did too but he's at that age that's kind of in-between needing a stroller and being able to walk. The fact that he's so tall and doesn't really fit in a stroller doesn't help, so he was pretty worn out by the end of the day. Reagan was also at the peak of her "I only want Daddy to hold me" stage. If he walked away or did anything other than hold her she would scream "Daddy Daddy"in the most pathetic sad little voice. So poor Rob was even sweatier than everyone else having to hold his 24lb girl all through the park. But we made the best of all the challenges of doing Disney in 90 degree heat with 3 kids ages 7 and under and had a lot of fun!
Day 1 in the Magic Kingdom
Pretty Ava
Taking a dance break
I apologize Reagan, but I saw this Minnie Mouse outfit on the Disney Store online and I had to put her in it. She actually really loved the hat and still wears it around the house now.
The kids bought autograph books as soon as we got into the park and they had a lot of fun meeting characters throughout the parks.
Merida telling Ava funny stories about her little brothers :)
The day we went to Epcot we left the park in the afternoon, went back to the hotel and took a little rest, then Ava and I headed to the Magic Kingdom for the night. We were there from about 5 to midnight, we got to go on a bunch of rides and have some fun without the little kids around. Going back into the park at night with just my Dad is one of my favorite memories with him, we would still talk about it even a couple years ago how much fun we had going on Space mountain and running around the park together at night. Happy to be making those memories with Ava now!
Of course we got soaked getting back into park when the afternoon storms rolled through....
A rainbow popped up after the storm :)
Reagan was not a fan of the carousel, she was clinging to Rob for dear life once it started moving
Jake built his own light saber in Tomorrowland, he was so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment