The kiddos

The kiddos

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lanikai

We began the day with a morning hike, the Ka'Iwa Ridge Trail. It was a very steep but beautiful hike. It's in Lanikai, which according to the Travel Channel is the most beautiful beach on all of the Hawaiian Island. It also happens to be conveniently located, only about 10 minutes from my house!

Lanikai has 2 offshore islands, the Mokes. Here's a view from the ridge line on the way up.
The girls at the top! It was very windy

Ava and I standing on one of the bunkers up there

After the hike we drove down to the beach and had a great day there. Sarah and I soaked up lots of sun and the girls had a great time playing in the sand and water.


Ava's little toes under the water

Ava and Elena just playing in the sand while a couple from Japan got married.

Bye Bye Binky! It was Ava's last day with the binky, she's a bit too dependent on it, and throws it at me occasionally when she's mad, so I decided that was enough of that.


Here's a great video of Ava crawling on the beach! She didn't start crawling until she was almost 11 months, I didn't think she was going to crawl at all, but now she's getting around great!

2 comments:

Machelle said...

Seriously I am so jealous!! It looks beautiful there!!! I can not wait till my girls start to crawl/walk!

Sarah said...

OMG!!! That video is so freakin cute :-)