The kiddos

The kiddos

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Attempting to be crafty

I've been searching for new activities for Ava to do lately, coloring and painting have been getting old (and messy). So we got some beads and made some jewelry today. She did a great job stringing the beads!
Unfortunately I didn't do a good job estimating what length string she would need for a necklace, when she was done she couldn't get it over her giant melon! She was kind of mad after when she realized it really wasn't going to fit.



So now it's a collar for Lovie. We'll have to make a longer one tomorrow....


If anyone has any other age appropriate crafts or activities to suggest, please do! We need a lot more ideas to entertain us now that we can't just pack up and head out to the beach like we used to be able to!

3 comments:

Machelle said...

play doh!

Lauren said...

We do that sometimes.... but she mixes the colors together and that stresses me out! :)

Gaffney said...

http://pinkandgreenmama.blogspot.com/ has some good ideas. I always find crafty/art books at the library and take from there. So much fun!