The kiddos

The kiddos

Monday, September 30, 2013

Jake's 3rd Birthday!

Today our Jakey boy turned 3!! He is growing up so fast!  He loves trying to play football with the big boys in the neighborhood, riding his bike and scooter and really anything outside.  He is still my sweet little Mama's boy though.  When we were in Florida last Spring I had been talking with my Dad about expecting another baby girl.  He told me it doesn't matter how many more babies we have, Jake will always be my baby. I think he was right!

The day got out to a rough start when I brought home Jake's Toy Story cake.  Ava was trying to take a peek at it and the whole thing fell and smashed on the floor.  Ava was so sad and felt so bad about it, nothing gets Jake down though.  He was licking frosting off the floor and thought it was great.  Then we managed to salvage one piece that had Woody on it and he thought it was the greatest thing ever.  I wish he could have seen the whole cake before it was smashed on the floor, all his favorite characters were on the side of it.  Ava and I were the only ones upset about it though, Jake really couldn't have cared less.  Then he had lots of fun opening presents, he got a bunch of new toys and clothes!



Ava's sweet little face is so sad here from crying.
Presents!
Playing with his remote control airplane, once the toys were open he was too busy to smile for the camera.

And of course I need to throw in a few pictures of Reagan!
Contemplating something.....then blocking her ears
Sweet sleeping girl

1 comment:

Sarah said...

AWWW! Happy Birthday Jake!!!! Aww poor little Ava :( I bet she felt so bad. But things happen! And as long as Jake was still happy! :)