The kiddos

The kiddos

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Swamp Romp 2009

Yesterday was the 15th Annual Swamp Romp here on the Marine Corps Base. A few months back some friends and I decided we would make a girls team to participate. Basically what it is, is a 5.5 mile run through the mud, with lots of obstacles along the way. It was a lot of fun, brought lots of memories back from my "I want to be a Marine days". It had mud pits to go through (one of which I was positive I was going to be stuck in for several days), beach runs, a small part in the ocean, some climbing walls, and some crawling tunnels.

Here's the team nice and clean before we started: Me (I wore the team number and our timing chip on my boot), Chere, Michelle, Colleen, Jessica, and Sarah.

Rob and Luke came to spectate with the Ava and Elena.




Jessica and I coming through an obstacle and running through some muddy water.

Sarah and I saying Hi to our fans!
Crossing the finish line, I had to run off to the left since I had the timing chip to get our time.

The team after the race, nice and dirty in the mud

Rob was kind enough to buy us some beer for our finish! Nothing like running through through the mud and drinking some beer by 9AM on a Saturday morning!

No comments: