The kiddos

The kiddos

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sleep, green beans and letters!

I decided last week we needed to have an intervention with Jake's sleep issues. He has been sleeping on his stomach pretty much since he was born. Which we realized is not good, but neither is a newborn screaming day and night because he wants to be on his stomach. So we let him sleep on his stomach, but since he has been sick he's a hard time breathing cause of his congestion so something needed to be done. He freaks out and tries to roll over when I put him on his back, so I got the biggest swaddle blanket I could find and wrapped him on up. After a night of screaming, literally all night, he seems to be used to it, and actually like it!

He is laughing in this pic not crying...but he kept closing his eyes when the flash went off.



I'm hoping we can ditch the swaddle blanket soon and he can just sleep on his back, he is getting a little big to be swaddled!

First time eating green beans, he loves them. But he loves anything involving eating. Ava took this pic, she is getting good with the camera.

She is also learning how to write letters! I got these stencils and she traced well for being her first time. She wrote her name on her easel a bunch of times too, but then proceeded to color all over it. I will try to get a picture tomorrow of her writing. Lucky for her she has a short easy name!



Here's Jake jumping away!

2 comments:

Machelle said...

Where did you get those letter sheets? I want some! I feel sorry for Mackenzie learning to write her name lol.

Lauren said...

The website it on the top of the paper above where she wrote her name. I feel bad for her too haha, that's a lot of letters to learn!