This past weekend we went down to Virginia Beach. The weather was kind of crappy but we made the best of it. When it wasn't raining hard we still went down with the kids and played in the sand.
Yay I'm on a beach!!

It was raining pretty good here, Rob and Jake opted to stay on the boardwalk.

Then we went to get some ice cream! Jake and I like cookie dough...

Chocolate face! Dad, please overlook the Ben N Jerry's cup Ava is holding....it was our only ice cream option. :)

Sunday we went back down to the beach to try to get some pictures of Jake. I have some framed pictures of Ava on the beach around her first birthday so I wanted the same for Jake. He normally likes the sand but I think it was kind of cold on his toes or something, cause he was pretty mad at first.

Ava and I trying to get him to walk in the sand.

Upside down and not in the sand = Happy Jake

"No Daddy don't put me down!"

It seems the boardwalk suits him better.





Ava had a great time running around while we took Jake's pictures. She was soaking wet and covered in sand, we probably should have just put a bathing suit on her.

Hanging out by a giant seashell on the boardwalk.


Hanging out in the hotel room, I think the kids enjoyed a change of scenery.

Who knew closet mirrors could be so fun?


Playing under coffee tables is fun too!

And hiding in closets!

Overall it was a fun weekend and great escape from DC. We plan to go back next summer after Rob's deployment and hopefully the weather will be a lot better.
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun, despite the rain! Jake in those overalls...SO CUTE :)
Post a Comment