We had a great Labor Day weekend! It started out with a quick visit from my parents who stopped by for dinner on their way down 95 to Naples. They're bringing one of their cars down to keep there so they made a stop on the road trip and will be flying back to NH after a little vacation.
They brought Lilly's Lion costume from last year which will be worn by Jake this year.
"Um hey up there, Papi, why are you letting YiaYia put me in this?" - Jake
I think this costume is hilarious....so here's a little Halloween preview!
On Sunday went out to the Shenandoah Valley and visited Luray Caverns. We had a picnic in Shenandoah River State Park for lunch then moved on to the caverns. They were wicked cool, but really packed. It took about 2 hours to walk through them but it was really cool to see. Definetely worth the long drive.
Ava the ballerina
It was Jake's naptime so he was kind of out of it the whole time.
I look kinda silly here but I think Jake's face is hilarious!



Then Monday we had a cook out with some friends, but first I took Big Jake for a haircut. Nice and short and clean cut now. Hairdresser did such a better job than I normally do.
No more hair over his ears, yay!! He actually let her use clippers!

And this morning Ava had her first day of preschool! She did so great. No tears when I left and when I came back to pick her up the teacher said she did great talking to her and to the other kids! Couldn't ask for more on her first day! The only run in we had was when the 20 parents filled up the classroom, I went to sign her out and she didn't follow me, so when she was stuck in the middle of 20 adults and 20 kids alone she started screaming and crying "Mommy!!!" So the teacher had to yell "Ava's Mom where are you...". Then she was found and it was all good again.
2 comments:
Jake's faces crack me up!
OMG...can ava please be dorothy for halloween and you and rob can be the tin man and scarecrow???! Please :) Aww love jakes new haircut!
Post a Comment