The kiddos

The kiddos

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happy Fall

The past couple days we noticed a tree across the street from "Mickey Park" (what the kids refers to as the playground at Fort Washington National Park) turning a really pretty red, so I decided I'd try to get some fall pictures of the kids.  The leaves don't turn anywhere near as pretty around here as the do in New England, so when we saw a pretty tree we had to take advantage before the leaves are gone!

Unfortunately it took me awhile to figure out the best camera setting for this type of lighting and by the time I got it down, the kids were losing their patience and staring at the playground across the street.  But here's what we got....now that I know how to work my camera properly I may make a second attempt to get some better pics soon with them together where Jake looks a little happier.
I can't reach the leaves!


 Our lone red tree.
 Jake's super squinty smile with a zoom cause they had both ran away from me....


 Pretty Ava
 It looks like a honey badger is running wild through the park!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love these! And I love your lone pretty tree :)