Since I've heard a few complaints about the lack of update....here's a random post. Nothing too exciting has been going on, Rob has been working crazy hours and the kids and I are in a good groove. Ava is loving preschool and doing so well this year, the teachers can't believe how much more she is talking and playing with her classmates compared to last year. She has also started basketball, it's not actually games yet, just teaching the basics and she really likes it. The first day of practice I told her she needed to go get dressed for basketball, and she came downstairs in a Snow White dress and tennis shoes.....but we got our girly girl some gym shorts and she's doing great!
Jake spends most days "honey-badging" wherever we go. He loves wearing hats, (see below). However he is not willing to stand still and smile at a camera.
This is a crappy picture.....but Ava was in a play at preschool. They did a story book play of Eric Carle's "Very Hungry Caterpillar". Ava played the "nice green leaf" that the caterpillar eats after eating a bunch of junk food. You can sort of see her holding up her green leaf with her face poking through.
This is before we went to have our pictures taken for our church directory. Neither of the kids would cooperate....but I think their eyes are funny....Ava is giving Jake an evil side look, and Jake is giving me the stink eye while eating his Fiber One bar.
Hey Ma - I need a new bike, I'm gonna get beat up riding this pink tricycle with Hawaii plates that say "Awa" on it (Ava's name in Hawaiian is spelled that way).
Ava is doing great with her bike, she goes up and down our street. I'm looking forward to getting back on base when we move next summer and having lots of quieter neighborhoods for her to bike through.
Chalk time. I remember playing with chalk as a kid, but I don't remember needing a wardrobe change after it. Every time we play with chalk I have to do a load of laundry, which at this time of year included coats. At least they're having fun!
Ava wrote "Happy Thanksgiving" and Jake scribbled all over it.....
Chalk fingers!


2 comments:
Omg...I love this post :) That hat looks awesome on Jake! And Ava is cracking me up with coming downstair in her snow white dress :) You have awesome kids!
Cute, looks like they are having a good time!
Post a Comment