The kiddos

The kiddos

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treat

The kids had a lot of fun trick or treating last night.  Ava has been asking to go trick or treating since Nov 1st of last year, so she was so excited when Halloween finally came around again!  

Here are our pumpkins.  We carved them at a pumpkin carving party a friend of mine had, but I left them outside in the days leading to Halloween, and they didn't survive the 80 degree heat we had.  So they didn't actually make it to Halloween.  You would think after 3 years in Hawaii I would have remembered that hot weather and pumpkins do not mix.  
 Ava's is supposed to be the profile of a Barbie doll
 The kids with their pumpkins the night we carved them
 Snow White....and a very unhappy One eyed Monster!
 Now the Monster is happy!
 Jake couldn't handle getting candy and not being able to eat it.  He would have been content to sit on the front steps of the first house we went to eating candy, so we gave him a lolly pop to keep him moving.
 At one point Ava started pulling the wagon herself, I think she thought Rob and I were going too slow and it would cost her some candy.

Jake ended up lasting about 45 minutes, so he and I went back home and Rob and Ava kept trick or treating for another hour.  Now I have lots of good candy to eat :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cute kiddos! And congrats on the marathon.... my hubs and I have only run a half and that's about all I think we could do with our bad knees. :)