The kiddos

The kiddos

Monday, January 20, 2014

Great Wolf Lodge

 This weekend we went down to Williamsburg to spend 2 days/nights at the Great Wolf Lodge.  It's a hotel/indoor water park.  We stayed at one when we went to Niagra Falls two summers ago and had such a great time we decided to have a little getaway.  They keep the water park set at 84 degrees and the warmth and fun in the pools was a great change for the kids!

Reagan thinks she's a big girl and tried to stand up in the pool! She liked the water a lot the first day (Friday) but not as much on Saturday.  I think there was just too much going on and other kids splashing her on Saturday once it got really busy.



 Jake did really well in the water and went down some watersides
Ava is swimming underwater now.  Both Ava and Jake are in swim lessons and are doing great, Ava graduated up to another level after just one week.
 There was a bar there that kept giving us 2 for 1 drafts….can't complain there!
 Here's the wave pool, I think this was Jake's favorite.
 Reagan took some awesome naps, I think the warmth and all the white noise helped out.  I put this sound machine that I had for Jake in her room today that sounds like ocean waves and she napped for almost 3 hours!
 This bathing suit and hat that Reagan is wearing here was a gift from my friend Sarah D back when Ava was a baby in Hawaii.  I love that Reagan is able to wear some of my favorite things of Ava's!
We recreated some of the pictures of Ava in the swimsuit with Reagan….unfortunately I am pale, not holding a Mai Tai, and I think Reagan is wondering why her first time in a pool was not at the Hale Koa like her big sis! (Ava was 6 weeks in these pictures and Reagan is 4 months)
 Ava and I
Reagan
Ava
Reagan and Ava!
All 3 kiddos!
 Hanging out by the kiddie pool
 This pool was over their heads and had a bunch of basketball hoops
 Wave pool
 On Saturday night Jake, Reagan and I were getting tired so we came back to the room and Ava and Rob did a couple more hours of waterslides.  Jake enjoyed some quiet time watching Toy Story in bed.
It was a great weekend though, if we are stuck in Quantico for longer we will definitely be going back next year! I also forgot to mention there was a Dunkin Donuts in the lobby, about a 20 second walk from our room.  Can't ask for much more than that!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like a blast! :) And I LOVE that Reagan was rocking the suit too! Even Samantha had a turn it in it:)