The kiddos

The kiddos

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

In a lot of ways it feels like this is the first Father's Day without my Dad.  Last year at this time I'm pretty sure I was still in a state of shock.  Now as I go about normal life, shopping at the mall, watching TV, or going into Home Depot, this time of year it's just a constant reminder of how much I miss him.  I never realized or notice how Father's Day stuff is everywhere. I can't believe it has been over a year.  I still feel like I saw him yesterday and he's still such a huge part of our lives.  The kids talk about him everyday and he's on my mind all the time.  I never realized it was possible to think about someone that constantly.

He would be so excited about our new house we're building, I can't even count the number of times I talked to him about this dream of ours to build a new house in Tampa.  He was trying to convince my Mom that they should move up there from Naples so they could see us easier.  He would love seeing Ava ride a big girl bike up and down his street at his house in Naples that he loved so much.  It's just so unfair that he's not with us anymore.

Happy Father's Day to the best Dad in the world.  I will miss you and love you with all of my being until we are together again.  <3 br="">



1 comment:

Sarah said...

So much love!!! How lucky he was...how lucky you were...xoxo