The kiddos

The kiddos

Monday, October 12, 2015

Back to work I go!!!!

Well it finally happened, after 7.5 years of staying home full time with the kids, I am going back to work!!  I will be working part time for a company in Tarpon Springs called Rejuvenate Salon and Spas.  They own salons that are in senior care facilities.  I will be working about 15 hours a week doing accounts receivable/accounting support type work.  Last week was my first week and I think it's going to work out great, it's only 3 miles from home and a couple miles from the kids schools.  Reagan is now going to Jake's preschool in the 2 year old class.  Her birthday technically misses the FL cut off by 12 days but they were happy to have her anyway.  She absolutely loves it there, it's a very small school, only one class for each age 2s, 3s, and 4s.  All the teachers know the kids and families very well and I feel so lucky to have such a great place for her to be so I won't have stress over that while I'm working!

It's only been one week and I already feel like more of a "real" person again.  I will forever be grateful for the time I spent home full time with the kids and have always been thankful that we were in a position where we could make the choice to have me stay home.  However, some days were LONG.  Especially in Maryland/VA.  With all of Rob's deployments and moving around it was definitely the best decision for everyone at that time though.  I'm also thankful for the travel time that it gave me, I was able to spend so much time in NH with my family before my Dad passed, months at a time.  Having the ability to go home again and be with him and having the kids spend so much time with him is something I'll always treasure and I would never have had if I had been working all along the way.

In first day of school fashion, here are my first day of work photos! Even the kids were happy as you can see!

Cheesing with my little man
I think they were shocked when I wasn't in pajamas or gym clothes at school drop off.
And here's baby girl on her first day of school.  She's getting so big!! She does great at drop off and says Bye Mama, but at pick when the parents are in the car line, and she sees my car she's not so patient.  She's not too happy when she has to wait her turn to get in the car.  She also insists on wearing her backpack even though its way too big for her.
Preschool problems....backpack to the back of the knees!
In closing, thanks to all of you out there who listened to me all these years about wanting to go back to work, while I tried and didn't succeed and complained and tried again.  Things happen for a reason, some of which we can understand and this is one of the things in life that makes sense, it was the right time and it worked out!!   All your words of encouragement and support this past 7.5 have meant the world to me, so thank you.  Especially you Rob!! xoxo

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awww I love this post! And I can just feel your happiness in it!!! xoxo