This past December flew by. The kids had so many school activities and stuff going on, Rob was gone most of the month, and then he came home about a week before Christmas. I was doing my best to get in the spirit, and we did have a lot of fun with the kids. Christmas Eve we had a ton of Chinese food and the kids opened up their new set of Christmas pjs and one toy. We got them to bed and got ready for Santa. The next day, Santa came and it was so much fun to see how happy the kids were. Rob and I actually managed to surprise each other with our Christmas gifts for the first time in years as well! After we opened presents and the kids settled down I was really missing my family. Christmas was my Dad's favorite holiday and he made it so special, but not only was I missing him but it was my first Christmas without my Mom, Kimmie and Lilly. So I was upstairs kind of bummed, and Rob made me come downstairs against my will. The doorbell rang, I had a few choice words for Rob, telling him I would not be dealing with who I thought was our neighbors, and low and behold, he opens the door and a little elf is standing there accompanied by my Mom and Kimmie. It was such an amazing surprise. I don't think I've ever been so surprised in my life! All I could do was cry I was just so happy to see them.
Here's a few pics from Christmas Eve and the following days.....
Kids in their new pj's.
Reagan got Miles from Tomorrowland pjs and a Miles toy, it's a show on Disney Junior that she's obsessed withAva and her puppy surprise!
Santa came!!!
Jake ripping open his presents at record speed
Armed and ready. Quote of the day "I am going to shoot fireworks with my gun for baby Jesus' birthday"
And here's my little elf!!!! She had a hat, pants and shoes with little bells on them as well but she was too busy playing and didn't want to take a picture by the time I thought to do it. Kim bought her the elf outfit and showed it to her before they went to the airport and her response was "you have got to be kidding me" Only Lilly!!
Celebrating their arrival with mimosas. Now that I look back on Rob's insistence on buying a ton of food and having stuff for mimosas I probably should have picked up that maybe they were going to show up, but I had no idea!
My Mom got the girls 4 matching night gown sets, and Reagan was feeling like a rebel and refused to wear the ones that the big girls were wearing. It took days to get her into the same night gown. But here they are, pretty girls!
On New Years Eve YiaYia made some cupcake treats for the kids.




No comments:
Post a Comment