The kiddos

The kiddos

Monday, February 29, 2016

Three Sisters Springs

 Good thing it's a leap year or I would have missed a whole month of doing a blog post! Since my last update a lot has changed around here.  In early January my work offered me a full time job, so I went from around 10 hours a week to between 35-40.  It's definitely been a huge change for all of us.  I'm really enjoying my work and being with adults all day long, and the kids are thriving at their schools. When I accepted the position at work it was based upon me being able to keep the kids in their current schools, so I leave work everyday at 1:45 ish and pick up Reagan and Jake from preschool (it's only open until 2) and bring them home to Taylor, our babysitter who stays with them until I get home and she also gets Ava off the bus.  It's working out fairly well but it's a long day.  Most nights after dinner/sports/baths/bedtime routine it's time for us to go to bed too. Rob has been traveling quite a bit in the past few weeks too so that makes things even more fun.....but at least he's home for the next few weeks.  The kids have Spring break coming up as well and my Mom will be down to help out with that.

I haven't taken too many photos lately, most weekends have been just getting stuff done that I would have usually done on weekdays.  I think we need to find a better balance of doing a few things each weeknight so that on the weekends we can have at least one day free of chores and errands.

This weekend the kids and I took a little day trip with our friend Courtney up to Three Sister Springs. It's a spring that has 72 to 74 degree waters year round, and in the winter months it's where manatees like to hang out to stay warm.  The water is so clear and beautiful and it was our first time seeing a manatee up close!

 We parked at the visitor center and took the trolley around the town of Crystal River, first it stops at the spring then you hop back on and it takes you into the town center.  It was an interesting little town, very country Florida.  We definitely weren't in Pinellas county anymore!

Here's a video of the manatees swimming in, when the tide starts to come in they all huddle together in the area shown up.


Courtney is only 2 weeks away from her due date! Probably our last baby free outing with her!


Silly Reagan who insisted on wearing her winter hat from when she was about a year old for the 2nd half of this excursion.  

No comments: