The kiddos

The kiddos

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy 5th Anniversary to us!


Today we celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary! Who knew 5 years ago today we would have spent 3 amazing years in Hawaii, lived in 3 states and most important, had 2 kids! Wheewww that went by fast! Anyways, we got up and spent a fun morning at the pool.

I met a woman at the pool the first week I was here who had a floatie like this for her baby, she let us borrow it for awhile that day and I decided I had to have one. She said she got it at Walmart but I never found it, and finally I found one at Publix yesterday! Jake will hang out in the pool for so much longer, and even Ava pushes him around (under supervision of course).
Ducks? Yes, there were ducks in the Ole pool, not today though. 2 days ago these ducks flew in and I forgot to post it. Ava was so excited, so was Rob. He tried to swim underwater and catch one but that didn't work out so well, they flew away long before he got over there.
Ava with YiaYia's Giraffe's

Ava took this pic....not bad!


We went to dinner at a seafood place my Mom recommended on Marco Island, and I think it's our new favorite place. Great food, drinks, live music, on the water. All it was missing was a babysitting service!

Here is Jake ready to order!

Me in my natural pose....Mai Tai in hand!

Jake hoping someone is going to bring him a big steak!

Ava having a sweet moment where she wasn't asking "why, what are you doing? where is daddy, what's that, how come." I'm pretty sure my response on the 100th time she asked where Daddy was earlier was "Daddy ran away and he may not come back"
5 years ago I had a way prettier dress on!
This is the outside of the restaurant, you can pull up either in a car or in a boat. Right out of a Jimmy Buffet song, which is what the band was mostly playing. Definitely my new favorite place.
AND there were Dolphins!!! About 5 of them were swimming around when we finished up dinner! You can see a few fins below

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Happy Anniversary!! :) Im getting a little emotional over this post for some reason haha You guys are so blessed! :) Looks like you all had an amazing day :)

Gail said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you liked the place we recommended in Marco Island. And Jake definitely looks like he was placing his order for a good steak. :)

Barb H said...

Jake is like Father like sone! Glad you had a great time. You two deserve it!

Gaffney said...

awesome way to celebrate!