The kiddos

The kiddos

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Vanderbilt Beach

Today we went to Vanderbilt beach. I'm not sure that's the closest beach around, but it was very pretty and had ample parking close to the beach which was important having to lug both kids and their stuff without a stroller through the sand. It was Jake's first trip ever to the beach too!
This is Ava's stop bothering me with that camera face I think.....



Jake checking out the sand, I had to keep his pacifier in his mouth so he wouldn't eat it...




We went for a walk and Jake fell asleep in the baby carrier, then he took an hour and a half nap on me. It was actually kinda nice, I got to lie down for a long time and Ava played next to us. Only problem now is the towel was over my left arm and now my right arm is very tan and not the left.

The Hawaiian child refused to go into the ocean, maybe next time when there's more friends to swim with she'll be up for it.


After the beach we grabbed the stroller and walked to get some ice cream. Check out Jake's hair in these pics, he needs a haircut....bad!




With no other adults around, we have the self portrait!


It seems Jake has his Daddy's eating habits :)





3 comments:

Sarah said...

omg I love it. Jake is such a chicken nugget and I just want to gobble him up! Didnt I used to call Ava chicken nugget? They are both so cute! Were you there with them at the beach by yourself?? You go girl! Im impressed :) If it were me, one of the nuggets would be floating out to sea on a blow up toy or something. :)

Lauren said...

haha I think you did call Ava a chicken nugget as well, because we used to discuss what the best dipping sauce would be :) I did go to the beach by myself, it took a full day to plan the logistics. The kids were great, but I don't think I will be doing that again without another adult to carry stuff anytime soon!

Barb H said...

Rob had to have a hair cut at 4 months...... Jake has Daddy's hair! Cute pics. Love it.