The kiddos

The kiddos

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene Brunch

Well we survived an earthquake and a hurricane last week. We lucked out and were one of the few parts of our town that didn't lose power. It was on and off in the evening but stayed on through the night. Sunday morning Rob whipped up a hurricane brunch with omelettes, bacon, sausage and homefries. And mamosas :) Sounds like a delicious heart attack on a plate to me!
Jake had his first omelette and he inhaled it in about 2 min. He also tried a little bit of sausage and he enjoyed that too! He's very excited about it in this pic...
Is that a diaper muffin top? :)
Jake is also standing up on his own a little bit! Rob has to be the one to put him down though, whenever I put him down he goes straight to crawling so he can chase me whining. He will let go of his mail cart or the table for awhile and just stand there though. Soon he will be walking!
I do realize the pics of Ava here are lacking but she apparently didn't want to be photographed this weekend. Maybe we will have better luck this week!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I do realize there are other things great in this post like surviving the earthquake and really cute kids...but all I can focus on is the FOOD :) Rob can you come to our house and make brunch? What you want from me? Im constantly hungry...have I told you I'm pregnant? :)

Barb H said...

Love the pics, keep them coming. Makes me miss you'all less if that is possible.