The kiddos

The kiddos

Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Vacation Part III A - Deep Sea Fishing

One of the days we were in NH we put the kids in daycare and went on a Deep Sea Fishing adventure with my Mom.  She has been wanting to go fishing for awhile, and Rob always wants to go.  I'm not into fishing at all, I like being out on the water and having a cold beer in the sun while I hold the reel, but once I got a bite I yelled until someone came to help so I knew I wouldn't have to actually touch the fish.  It was a good day though, we went out for flounder and mackerel.

We went south a few miles from Hampton to Plum Island, it was such a beautiful clear day.
 My Mom and I riding down, it was pretty chilly on the water at 8AM but it warmed up quickly.
 Doesn't Gail look like your typical New England fisherman :)


 These were the mackerel that we caught and brought home for dinner.  They were actually pretty good, but since they were so small it was hard to get all the bones out of them.  We caught some flounder too but had to throw them back, all because they were less an inch shy of what they needed to be to keep them.



It was definitely a fun day and we'd like to go back out again, probably even a full day so we could go further out and get some bigger game fish, there's always next summer!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Shark fishing next time! :) haha Looks like fun! You guys look like something right out of the show "The Deadliest Catch." haha