The kiddos

The kiddos

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Month of the Military Child Celebration and new bikes!

April is the "month of the military child" across most bases and Bolling AFB had lots of special actives going on for the kids this month.  They ended it with a big celebration at a park on the Potomac on base, they had a petting zoo, pony rides, bounce houses, carnival games, cotton candy, slushies and lots of other treats for the kids.

Ava loved the pony rides
Brushing the hair of some animal that I can't identity right now....we determined I must have skipped some days in preschool cause I'm not very good with my farm animals :)
 Jake wasn't so sure of the animals so he and Buzz sat in the stroller for a bit.
 Cotton Candy!
 Jake cheated at pretty much all the games, here you were supposed to kick the soccer balls in the hole but he chose to pick 2 up at a time and walk them into the hole.

It looks like they're finally fixing the earthquake damage at the Washington Monument, it's surrounded by scaffolding now.
 The Navy Fire Dept was there, Ava was asking about the axes so they took one out for her to hold.  She told them "my muscles were not strong enough for this."

 Face painting!

On Saturday we finally went to Toys R Us and got a bike for Jake.  He had been using Ava's pink tricycle that has Hawaii plates on that say "Awa" (Ava in Hawaiian).  He got a Jake and the Neverland Pirates bike and he really likes it, he still needs some practice pedaling though.  He picked out a pirate helmet too, but then when he got home he only wanted to wear the Elmo helmet.  I think he's going to get his bike stollen riding around with an Elmo helmet but that's just my opinion :)

Ava is doing a great job on her bike, she takes it most nights now when Rob takes the kids and on the dog on their nightly walk.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ah! I love them! Looks like so much fun. I want to be a military child lol And I think that was Llama? Or a donkey?