The kiddos

The kiddos

Saturday, March 21, 2020

A Full Week at Club 51

It's been 7 days since we last went anywhere, high-fived a neighborhood kid or teammate, or hugged a friend.  So far it all feels very odd and scary.  Our amazing schools rallied so fast and within 5 days went from normal school curriculum to an online learning program, I don't know how they did that so fast.  On Thursday, our neighborhood friend who is a teacher at the school brought home all the kids their packages from their teachers. There was sooo much material these teachers organized, and the older kids will be doing work mostly online through google classroom.  Reagan will have some online work but mostly her workbooks and reading practice.  We begin the online learning Monday, say a prayer for me!

I have been really sad lately about the kids missing school.  I know in the scheme of things this is just a period of time in their life that we all had to get through, but they LOVE their school.  I help out in Reagan's class twice a week and the teachers, para educators and admin are all just so friendly and loving with the kids.  Jake's teacher has already emailed me twice asking me to hug him for her because she misses him so much.  Lilli missing out on all the exciting things at the end of the year that the 5th grade does makes me really sad.  Ava loved it, they make such a big deal out of graduating elementary and getting ready to move up to middle school.

The kids have been doing a good job of creating ways to entertain themselves, as long as they feel like it. My rules I implemented Thursday have been roughly followed.  They do so much better with outside time when they aren't told to do it, so we will just have to see how things go.  I think life will be so much easier when the warm weather comes. Jake has been playing with his friends virtually on their game systems, they can all play the same game and talk either on headsets or over FaceTime.  I love hearing how happy he sounds and still being able to say Hi to his friends and hear their 8 and 9 year old boy goofy conversations.



 I had Kim take Louie to the groomer for one last grooming for awhile.  The psycho came home and proceeded to lie in the mud.  Just plopped down with his tennis balls so happy.

 Here are 2 of my favorite memes from the past couple days......could be accurate, we shall see!!

Thank God Kim can help with my hair and eyebrows, I have no idea how my nails are coming off though


 The kids were actually creative when they finally went outside this afternoon, instead of fighting.  They set up a museum, with bunnies, sports memorabilia and art. And the rarest leaves on the earth, from oak trees haha.
Poor Meg

 This was Big Papi (David Ortiz') helmet and ball so said Jake


 These basketballs were used by Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and Kemba Walker. I think I'm forgetting someone but you get the idea

 More puzzles....

Silly kids....

I love it when they actually play together, they struggle but when he will give her his time without being annoyed by little sister things they're very cute together.





No comments: