The kiddos

The kiddos

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Coronavirus Life

I have been trying to figure out how best to document these coming weeks, as so much is unfolding in our country and the world.  I prefer not to overshare on social media so I'm thinking this long lost blog space could be perfect.

As of this weekend our family of 5 plus Lilli have been pretty locked down at "Club 51" as we call it.  We are taking this situation a bit stricter than most because of my recent diagnosis with Rheumatoid Arthritis, which puts me at a higher risk for this coronavirus.  We are well stocked up, and Kimmie has been dropping groceries as she goes out, and we are using Whole Foods delivery.  We had a last cookout with friends and their kids Sunday night, and gave our hugs and said see you from 6 feet away around the neighborhood.  They too are also on a pretty tight lockdown and have stopped letting their kids play in the neighborhood.  It's been really surprising to see how many people are still letting their kids play, it completely defeats the purpose of cancelling school.

About 2 weeks before we started our lockdown things started to feel off, as if is this thing could actually happen.  Everyone thought I was nuts, but once we got home from Florida, March 2nd, I went to grocery stores, Costco and Target almost daily.  Grocery shopping is one of my least favorite chores, I don't like to overly stock up, mostly prefer to grab what I feel like as we go every few days.  When the kids or Rob ask me what's for dinner before mid afternoon it stresses me out so much! Some afternoons end up busier than others, sometimes we have to be in 3 different places for sports, sometimes there are extra kids here or friends or family, and I like to just make things happen based off what we feel like and have going on.  Usually there's a few options available and we go from there. So this stocking up for an extended period was a lot to do!

The kids have been coping well so far as their new reality sinks in.  Today Reagan did all of her puzzles, Lilli helped with puzzles and watched some videos learning to do origami, Jake played a lot of video games which we will need to work on.  Tomorrow is day one of a loose schedule we are going to try out to keep them on task.















No comments: